The THRIVE | Bayer Sustainability Challenge combines Bayer Crop Sciences’ sustainability commitments and THRIVE’s Global Initiative focus on the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals to promote innovations that can address pressing challenges in the global agrifood chain. Together, the challenge aims to identify and support key startup and scaleup innovators implementing solutions that promote sustainability through reducing the environmental impact of crop protection, reducing field greenhouse gas emissions, and empowering smallholder farmers to access sustainable agricultural solutions.
The application deadline for the THRIVE | Bayer Sustainability Challenge is Friday June 11th! Don’t miss this phenomenal opportunity to pitch your solution to Bayer, one of the world’s leading innovators in the areas of seeds and crop protection.
Bayer is deeply committed to shaping the future of sustainable agriculture and committed to a world in which biodiversity thrives in harmony with humankind. Where hunger and climate change are terms relegated to history books. Where farms are more sustainable, consisting of plants that are more adaptive and resilient, to help increase economic prosperity for all families and their communities. In short, where agriculture is part of the solution to many of the planet’s biggest challenges.
If you are a startup or scaleup that helps solve for one or more of the three challenge focus areas below, you are eligible to apply!
- Producing higher crop yields with lower consumption of natural resources
- Advance a carbon-zero future for agriculture in crop production systems
- Advance smallholder farming systems in socially, environmentally, and commercially responsible ways
Benefits for winners
Startup winner receives:
- INVESTMENT: Receive $75k USD from THRIVE and access Bayer’s investment team, Leaps!
- ACCESS TO R&D RESOURCES & NETWORKING: Meet with Bayer’s Open Innovation and Strategic Partnerships Group, and access partnership opportunities with THRIVE’s ecosystem
- PUBLICITY: Gain brand recognition through Bayer’s channels and through the THRIVE | Forbes Demo Day
- AWARD-WINNING THRIVE ACCELERATOR: Secure placement in THRIVE’s Accelerator Program in 2022
- MENTORSHIP & COACHING: Access Bayer’s technical and/or commercial experts based on your company’s needs and receive focused startup coaching from THRIVE
Scaleup winner receives:
- BAYER PILOT PROJECT SPONSORSHIP: Explore proof-of-concept pilot in impacted sustainability area(s)
- ACCESS TO BAYER INVESTMENT AND R&D RESOURCES: Access Bayer’s Open Innovation and Strategic Partnerships Group, and Bayer’s investment team, Leaps!
- PUBLICITY: Gain brand recognition and achievement through Bayer and THRIVE channels
- THRIVE TOP 50 FAST-TRACK: Receive automatic nomination for THRIVE’s TOP 50 AgTech & FoodTech Listings
- THRIVE ECOSYSTEM: Be shortlisted for future partnership opportunities with THRIVE’s network
About SVG Ventures | THRIVE
Based in Silicon Valley, SVG Ventures | THRIVE is the leading agrifood innovation and investment platform comprised of top agriculture, food, and technology corporations, universities, and investors. With a community of over 5,000 startups from over 100 countries, the THRIVE platform invests, accelerates, and creates unparalleled access for entrepreneurs to scale globally and solve the biggest challenges facing the food and agriculture industries today. Through THRIVE’s corporate innovation program, the company works with Fortune 1000 corporations to transform their businesses, accelerate their growth, and drive their innovation priorities.
SVG Ventures | THRIVE was recently named the Most Active Agtech Venture Investor by Crunchbase and the Most Valuable AgriFood Tech Accelerator Program by AgFunder.
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the life science fields of health care and nutrition. Its products and services are designed to help people and planet thrive by supporting efforts to master the major challenges presented by a growing and aging global population. Bayer is committed to drive sustainable development and generate a positive impact with its businesses. At the same time, the Group aims to increase its earning power and create value through innovation and growth. The Bayer brand stands for trust, reliability and quality throughout the world. In fiscal 2020, the Group employed around 100,000 people and had sales of 41.4 billion euros. R&D expenses before special items amounted to 4.9 billion euros.