Following the success of Plug and Play Food’s Innovation Platforms in Silicon Valley, Brazil, and Fargo/USA, Plug and Play APAC is excited to bring the top startups, corporations, investors, and government officials in the Agrifood space in Thailand to identify the industry’s leading challenges and implement novel startup solutions.
Plug and Play is the world’s largest technology innovation platform, operating 30+ offices globally and serving over 400+ international corporations.
Thailand offers a huge opportunity to bring together this global network to solve challenges in Thailand’s vast agrifood sector. Agriculture employs nearly 40% of Thailand’s workforce. To improve global food production and access; precision farming, processing and distribution, and biotechnology innovations are needed.
Plug and Play is focussing on following priority areas:
- Modern & Sustainable Farming
- Livestock Technology
- Food Manufacturing & Processing
- Personalized Nutrition & Functional Foods
- Food Freshness & Safety
- Logistics, Asset Tracking & Warehouse Distribution
- Waste Reduction
- Retails & Consumer Analytics
The virtual event is scheduled on July 29, 2020. You can attend the event online or at Gaysorn Urban Resort (127 Gaysorn Tower, 19th Floor, Ratchaprasong Rd, Lumphini, Pathum Wan District, Bangkok 10330) and the event agenda is:
|08:00 – 09:00||Welcome Breakfast|
|09:00 – 09:05||Welcome Address|
|09:05 – 09:35||Keynote|
|09:35 – 09:55||Food & Agritech Program Introduction|
|09:55 – 11:10||Startup Pitches (12 startups)|
|11:10 – 11:15||Closing|
Featured Speakers for the event are:
- Shawn Dehpanah, EVP & Head of Corporate Innovation APAC, Plug and Play: Shawn started his career in Silicon Valley as a software engineer before transitioning to sales, marketing, and business development roles at both startups and firmly established multinational companies (e.g. Samsung Semiconductor, Hitachi, Panasonic, Alta Vista, etc.). He has a strong understanding of global contract manufacturing business in Asia Pacific, EMEA, and South America regions.
- Brian Tetrud, Global Director, Food at Plug and Play Tech Center: Brian runs Plug and Play’s Food Innovation Platform. His major focus is investments in early stage food and agriculture companies that provide solutions applicable to Plug and Play’s partner corporations.
- László Csuti, Principal, Greenline Strategy LLC: László is focussed on strategic development leadership in consumer and agriculture related industries based on innovation, analytic insights, and have extensive global experience. He is a devoted advocate for transformational innovation and collaborative partnerships. He believes in delivering results with passion and integrity.
You can contact at email@example.com for more details.