ClimaCell, the world’s weather intelligence platform has signed an MOU with SupPlant, world leading company in the field of “IOT” in agriculture. The combined weather intelligence and agronomic capabilities of both firms will bring digital solutions and accurate farming to hundreds of millions of small farmers across the globe. The companies will focus on India and China in the first stage. India has 110 million small farmers and China has 180 million.
“We are proud to be able to use our weather intelligence in the agtech world in order to change the lives for small farmers across the globe and help them grow their crops to feed their families. The cooperation with SupPlant will bring weather tech into the agricultural field”.Dan Slagen, CMO, ClimaCell
Farmers today are flooded with data about everything — including the weather — but many still struggle to gain insights into how and when they should act. Even just one mistake adjusting to the weather could lead to disastrous results for crop yields and massive losses for the farm. That’s where agriculture technology is stepping up to solve real problems on a daily basis. By acting on weather in a timely manner, farmers will gain:
- Reliable production: Don’t have massive swings in production from year to year.
- Improve crop quality: Get more consistent, better product that buyers won’t return because of low quality.
- More yield with less resources: Even small farms without a huge team of scientists will be able to understand the weather data and get great results.
- Keep up with market demands: Be able to ramp up your operations to keep up with the market.
- Gain a competitive advantage: Take the opportunity to use technology that your competitors may not have.
“SupPlant’s and ClimaCell’s capabilities to find a unique solution that for the first time is intended for the small farmers – most of the farmers in the world – has a vast potential with extraordinary implications on the economy of entire communities and food and water reserves in these countries.”Ori Ben-Ner, CEO, SupPlant
According to SupPlant CEO Ori Ben-Ner, 70% of the world’s farmers are cultivating less than five acres of land, making competition difficult with the 50 million corporate growers. Additionally, farming has become more difficult due to climate change that causes extreme and unpredictable weather.
The companies believe they can scale their solution to reach a point where farmers pay roughly $15 a year to use the system, producing a 50% growth in crop yields, spelling 700% increased profits for the farmers. With active dialogues currently taking place with companies in India and China, they hope to deploy by the end of the year.
SupPlant’s main services:
- Decision support: Alerts and notifications generated from the field; accurate protocols for implementation of agro-chemicals based on real-time crop data; agronomic guidance.
- Growth-based irrigation: A unique closed-loop irrigation system, fully autonomous and reactive to plants needs in real time: already commercial in 14 of the worlds largest markets, showing constant results of 30% water savings and above 5% increase in yields on average, in a wide range of crops.
- Smart integration: Turn-Key agriculture projects, built from the ground up to be fully integrated with SupPlant’s data based autonomous technology.
- Research and development: Commercial applied-research and trials, based on SupPlant’s unique sensing analysis and stress detection capabilities.
SupPlant is a world leading company in the field of “IOT” in agriculture. By changing the basic concept of irrigation methods, the SupPlant unique technology can save water on global scales and improve productivity and yields. SupPlant’s unique artificial intelligence system is able to analyze data generated from crops through sensors and translate this data into irrigation commands. The system allows autonomous irrigation, based on plant and fruit data in correlation to the water content in the soil and climatic measurements.
Read more at Israel Agri