A farm record can be a book, document, file (excel spreadsheet), or software that is used to keep track of the different activities that occur on your farm relating to your operations. Farm records may seem like a highly administrative task that can consume a lot of time, but once you get the hang of it, it will seem less daunting. When recording the information, always ensure that it is relatable, easy to understand, accurate and relevant to you and your farm.
Various types of records that make up your farm records are:
- Production records including Crop and Livestock records like planting, fertilising, animal health checks etc.
- Employee records related to the staff members.
- Logistics records like filing of each delivery note/receipt.
- Sales records dealing with the revenue generated from the sale of goods and services.
- Financial records encompassing the daily management of accounting.
Read more at Mbali Nwoko